Place your collection, or collections, on a touchscreen for visitors to directly interact with.
- Position a touchscreen kiosk in busy space so visitors engage and interact with your collection. Take them on virtual tours. No need for guides.
- Highlight recently acquired, and topical, items in your collection.
- You can also offer more information such as the history of your orgaisation, vision and objectives.
- Display virtual exhibitions, from current ones to browsing an archive of previous ones.
- Touchscreens can be available 24 / 7.
Logos Flow believes interactive touchscreens should:
- Be easy to navigate and locate the information.
- Offer the visitor a rewarding experience when viewing and finding the content.
- Be well designed with good use of branding.
- Entice the visitor to browse for more information.
- As there is no mouse or keyboard input and the navigation needs to accommodate using your fingers - hence effort is required to get the balance between design and functionality right.
- Essentially, to offer the user a rewarding experience in locating the information they require and while they are guided through the interactive process.
Interacting with a collection
The touchscreen interface that integrates with the HumanitiesCMD via a product that offers the various search and retrieval options.
The touchscreen site provides the user-interface to interact with your collection's data and images. Search options will include - keeping in mind keyboard / mouse input is not available:
- Guided searches - below are some examples of what can be offered:
- Look up via the names of the artists, photographers, creators, ...
- Look up via the location of items.
- Look up via type of item.
- Browse through the images - from start to finish or only images of a certain type.
- Every search option must provide:
- Clear and distinct list of search results with basic documentation and perhaps a thumbnail.
- Access to relative components, for example: if browsing through artworks, you can click to view all artworks in the same location, by the same artist, etc.
- Easily view full documentation and images associated with an item.
- Support / Help / Tips:
- Provide support / help manual which explains the content, functionality and various search tips.
- Technical info:
- Your touchscreen will use data that is recorded and managed in the HumanitiesCMD. You can select the information to display and block records entirely.
- The HumanitiesCMD has the functionality to export to a single file that is stored on the touchscreen computer. This file can be updated at any time.
Touchscreens let the visitor to your organisation to interact directly with your collection.
A touchscreen kiosk can be developed to suit your environment - with your custom branding.
Add additional screens next to the touchscreen so other visitors can view someone interacting with your collection.