Some product upgrades require an upgrade to the data file, i.e. the very important file that stores all your information. The steps below only need to be done once:
- IMPORTANT: make a backup of your data. If you are not sure where the data file is located on your network use one of the following links below:
- Switchboard : Networking (later versions of Logos Flow products)
- Switchboard : Update Data Source (earlier versions of Logos Flow products)
- Install the product upgrade.
- Copy the existing data file from your shared network drive and place it in the folder: c:\DataFlow. This is an added precaution that upgrades a copy of your main data file.
- Start the product.
- At the Start form (after you have entered your username and password), tick the option: 'Tick this option if you have received an upgrade to this product'. This will automatically upgrade the structure of your database (not all products have this option activated - if this is the case, simply ignor it).
- Optional: do a check to see if you are satisfied that the data is imported correctly - simply open some of the product's options and look at the number of records.
- Once the upgrade is complete, copy the data file back to the shared folder - replacing the existing one.
- After you have installed the product upgrade on each computer, use Switchboard : Update data source or Switchboard : Networking, to connect to the shared data file.
See Networking for general details about setting up a network. Please note: product licenses apply per user.